lagu

Thursday 13 March 2014

MY IDOL(ENTRY 10)

I would proudly say that Tun Dr Mahathir Bin Mohammad is not only an idol of mine but he should be an idol for all of us. He is such a capable,responsible,brilliant,efficient and a good leader. He give me a lot of inspired in developing myself to become success person.

Tun Dr.Mahathir became the fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia on 16 July 1981. Born on 20 December 1925 in Alor Setar,the capital of the State of Kedah, Tun Dr Mahathir did his early and secondary education in his home town. In 1947,he gained admission into the King Edward VII College of Medicine in SIngapura. He was graduated in 1953 and served as medical officer. During he was a student, he was very smart student and does hard effort to achieve what he wants. Furthermore he was creative and innovative to make one’s way in his life. “To keep a person nose to the grindstone" is the best phrase to describe about Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammad.

Upon graduation in 1953, Mahathir joined the then Malayan government service as a medical officer. He married Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali who is a doctor and his former classmate in college on the 5th of August 1956. Then, Mahathir left the government service in 1957 to set up his own private practice in Alor Star. Mahathir thrived in private practice, and allowed him to own by 1959 a Pontiac Catalina and employ an ethnic Chinese chauffeur.


Tun Dr Mahathir has been active in politics since 1945. He has been a member of the United Malay National Organisation (UMNO) since its inception  in 1946. During Mahathir's tenure as Prime Minister, Malaysia experienced a period rapid modernisation and economic growth, and his government initiated a series of bold infrastructure projects. He was a dominant political figure, winning five consecutive general elections and holding off all of his rivals for the leadership of UMNO. However, his accumulation of power came at the expense of the independence of the judiciary and the traditional powers and privileges of Malaysia's royalty. He also deployed the controversial Internal Security Act to detain activists, non-mainstream religious figures, and political opponents including his fired deputy, Anwar Ibrahim. Mahathir's record of curbing civil liberties and his antagonism to western interests and economic policy made his relationships with the US, Britain and Australia, among others, difficult. As Prime Minister, he was an advocate of third-world development and a prominent international activist for causes, such as the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa and the interests of Bosnians in the 1990s Balkans conflict.Tun Dr. Mahathir stepped down as Prime Minister on October 31st 2003.


Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad and his wife, Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah Mohd

-NURFATIN LIYANA BT DAUD-



MY MOTHER IS MY IDOL
In our lives, we came across many people. We see new face everyday.Many of them remain anonymous, some maybe acquitances, some will became our friend but from that, only one person will become our idol.
     Perhaps, of all the people in their life, a mother hold a special place as their idol. It is she who brings her children into the world, teachers them their words and mould their character. My mother is the most interesting women that i know. She ware more then just an ordinary mother. She has influenced my lived in so many ways that is difficult to imagine my life without to teach people her. She always been there to share my triumphant and victorious moment, and when i had my share disappointment and frustrations, she was there with her kind words of comfort.
     My mother is my idol because she inspires me to be a strong people. She teach me about the meaning of life. My mother name is Noor Halijah Bt Ebos, but usually she is called kak jah. My mother was born on 25 march 1974. So this year she is 40 years old. She is pretty heavy and medium height. Now is about my study. In my studies, she is the most important person who always support me to success. Being quite fastidious person about her children's study, when she know i got the problem in studies, she always at my back to give me all the advice's and push me up. This situations trigger me to be more struggle in my studies to achieve what i want to be in the future is i'm a girl who had a big dream to be a programmer. She always said that nothing will come easily until me approached to it and only the sky in the limit in study.
     My mother is both loving and lovable although sometimes she can be quite exasperating at me at times as she will babble when i did something wrong. But i know that all for my benefits. Mother  also a very open minded good listener and empathy person as i can tell her about any stories including friend and love.
     I love my mom because she teaches me to be a strong people instead from the sentences but from her behavior. I really love her. Nobody can change my mother from my life.


NURUL AMERA SHAFIQAH BT ABDUL SAMAD



MY IDOL #PN. FARIDAH OTHMAN ^^
An Idol to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and an Idol. She is my role model and she has always been there for me.
Although many people have role models and idolize those that are famous I try and model myself after that of my mother. This is because she has never done wrong in my eyes. She has always made the decisions that put others first and the ones that ensure the safety and best interest of her family. That to me means that she is a very caring person. She has provided for me and my brother, as a single parent, all of the things that we have needed. There have been many other people in her situation who have quit and given up. But my mom has fought hard for our family and for me. With virtually no help from anyone else my mom has raised my brother and me. This has been a very taxing task for her and looking back upon it I am very thankful that she has always been there for me.
In addition to my mom always being there for me she has also inspired me. She has been setting examples for me to follow since I was little. She has been there to set rules for me and guide me. She has been there to catch me when I fall and to help me get back up when I need it. She has done all of this without asking for anything in return. She has done it all out of the good of her heart. I have never heard her complaining about getting me from baseball practice or getting my brother from soccer. She did it because she wanted the best for my brother and me. No one else in my life has helped me as much as she has.
She is my Idol because she has made me into who I am today. Without my mom I would not have had any of the values that she has instilled in me over the years. I would not know the virtues of good will and family. I will never be able to repay my mother for the things that she has given to me and the things that she has done for me. I can only one day hope to be this big of an Idol for my own children.


#NORHAYATI BINTI JAAMAN



MY IDOL IS MY FATHER

            The person that has influenced my life is my dad because he is the one that get to know me best and is also the one that I see the most and have known for a long time. He always stands by my side, and whenever I fall down, he encourages me to stand up by myself and on my own feet. My family is not a wealthy family. Therefore, my dad tries to save single penny he earns from work to buy anything that I need, and he always encourages me go to school because he knows that the value of education will determine the future of the person. As a result, I admire him as a great person and have thought that my dad is really superman. My dad has a huge impact on the way I become a person today. He has influenced my life by teaching me the lessons and showing me the right behaviors and wrong behaviors.

       My dad taught me the most important lesson: how to be a man. I still remembered the day that my father sat next to me and said that "Hey son, the most important think to help you become the successful person and the helpful person is your honesty. Never lie to anyone and never lie to yourself". After saying that, he slowly explained the value of honesty. He showed me that every bad situation in the world began with a lie. When a person steals something, he lies to the law, or when a husband cheats on his wife, he lies to his wife. My father often tells me that being a man means facing the truth. I always think back on those words when I get into trouble.
From my place I am thankful for everything he taught me.
 
        He taught me things that I need or was going to in life. I am what I am because of him and whatever I will achieve in my life will be credited to him. I believe that my dad will always be with me even after his soul leaves his body; he will be there through his teachings that I believe are my duty to pass on to my children. He will be there through me; when the people see my remarkable success one day, they will know the value of his teachings. He taught me everything about life; hope, faith, and the long journey ahead. To me he is the greaters hero.

NUR FARAH AIN BINTI A.RAHMAN



My Idol Tunku Abdul Rahman

My idol is Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj, Malaysia’s first Prime Minister. Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj was born on February 8, 1903, in Alor Setar, Kedah. Tunku was the twentieth child of Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah, the twenty-fifth ruler of Kedah. Tunku's mother was Che Manjalara , the fourth wife of Sultan Abdul Hamid . Together with his mother and her other children, Tunku lived in the pagoda. As soon as he was old enough , Tunku ran outside the palace enclosure to play with boys of his own age who lived in the town. His mother strongly disapproved of it but she was too preoccupied with caring for the Sultan and Tunku's nurses were unable to control him . At that time , cholera and malaria disease were very common all over Kedah and at least two of Tunku's brothers and elderly sister died from cholera while Tunku himself suffered from intermittent attacks of malaria until he left for London in 1920 .
When Tunku was four years old , he was vaccinated . Although he tried to elude his mother's servants , he was finally caught and taken to his grandmother's room where the painful inoculation. When Tunku was about six years old , one day , as he was toasting keropok , (Fish fritters) in his mother's kitchen , a lit fragment of firewood fell on his left ankle and burnt him. It was extremely painful. Tunku wishing to conceal the accident from his mother , wrapped a cloth around his ankle and hoped that it would heal. But the wound turned septic and it was three years before it healed completely and Tunku was able to resume his football games outside the palace.
When Tunku was nine years old , He was circumcised together with seven other boys who were his playmates from town. The event took place in a room in the palace complex. The Royal Circumciser performed the minor operation in only a few seconds , but the healing was slow . All the patients , including Tunku remained in the palace for three weeks. Malay and Javanese shadow plays were performed nightly for their entertainment.
Tunku's formal education started when he ws about six years old at the only Malay elementary school in Alor Setar . His mother had hoped that the school would keep him out of mischief but he often ran away from class. When a small English Medium school was opened by a teacher named Mohamad Iskandar , Tunku's mother sent him there instead. In the afternoon , Tunku was taught to read the Al-Quran. When Tunku's eldest brother , Tunku Yusuf returned to Alor Setar from England , he realised that Tunku was not making any progress in his studies. He decided to take Tunku with him to Bangkok by sea from Singapore in 1913. In Bangkok , Tunku was admitted to the Debsirin School , where lessons were taught in Siamese. Tunku was never lonely because he possessed an unrivaled capacity of making friends with people of all communities. His best friend was Tavil Guptarak. They attended the same school and were inseparable. Tunku Yusuf spent his time on military operations against bandits. In 1915 , he contracted pneumonia in the jungle and died on his return to the Siamese capital. Tunku then returned to Kedah accompanied by his brother's widow. His mother sent him to study in the Penang Free School. it was here that Tunku began to developed a keen interest in his studies and twice obtained a double promotion.
This evening, it is a great privilege to share the following photographs and information about Tunku's school in Bangkok courtesy of  Dr.Michael Chick.
The school is commonly called Debsirin. It is an error because it is written as "ThepSirin" in Thai. This is the same name as "Krung Thep", to describe Bangkok. Krung Thep means "City of Angels", just like "Los Angeles" City of the US. The school started in 1885, when the first gas powered car was invented in 1885 by Gottlieb Daimler.
This school is situated downtown Bangkok, just across the street from the Hualamphong Railway Station. aka "Sethani Roht Fai Hualamphong" in Thai.For non-Malaysians, Tunku Abdul Rahman was the first Prime Minister of Malaysia. It is perhaps important to note that he went to ThepSirin School exactly 100 years ago.


                                                                             NUR SHAHIDAH BINTI BASARI

No comments:

Post a Comment